Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy 2014!

Whoops! December kinda got away from me, guys. I say things like I'm back to blogging and then disappear for a month. My bad. Sorry.

Between holiday parties, finals, a stomach virus and travelling, there hasn't been much appeal to blogging lately. But I'd like to get back into the swing of things. Here is what I would like to do in 2014:

1. Get Organized
Our house is a mess all the time. Getting rid of clutter and making some trips to the dump (the environmentalist and hoarder in me cringe at the thought) are in order. With a baby on the way, it is essential that we get a system in place for cleaning that can be done quickly. I'd love to get a hub going where we can stash mail, keep track of appointments, etc.

2. Eat Healthier
This one is hard people. Being pregnant is no joke. There are more foods that I can't stand than I will tolerate. I naively thought that this sort of shenanigans was reserved for the first trimester. So so wrong. What do I like eating? Carbs, fruit, chocolate. Probably in that order. Cooking for myself is next to impossible which leaves me with eating out a lot and "making" cereal and PB and J's count as dinner. What should I be eating? Leafy greens, greek yogurt, eggs, "normal food" - the baby won't let me. And just in case I ever want to try, I get rewarded with acid reflux and a day full of miserable.

3. Be Nicer
I guess it's just my personality, but I am not good at showing myself as a caring person. Smiling, taking some breaths before I open my mouth, you know - being a decent human being - would be a good start to being kinder and gentler to the world I live in, I'd also like to be nicer to my husband. There's only so much I can blame on hormones. I'm kind of a bitch. There. I said it.

4. Finish up some house projects
I'll go into detail later, but in order of necessity: The shower, the kitchen, the curtains, the basement.

5. Have a Baby
Yup, this is a goal. This includes prepping for baby, taking a class at the hospital, trying not to get gestational diabetes (see #1) and obtaining a healthy baby. And then surviving the chaos that ensues with having a baby.

I'll be back soon with some nursery updates and maybe a bump status? Exciting things to come, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment