Monday, July 1, 2013

The Girls: A Three Month Update

Not much different with these ladies, but everyone loves adorable photos of chickens, so I thought I'd pop in and let you all know that the chick(en)s are doing well. They are nearing thirteen weeks and are as precocious as ever. Whenever I come down to the garden, they run to the door and chirp at me. The only real complaint I have about them is that they peck at me as if I’m food. But they're so darn cute I can't stay mad at them :)

Chickens 13 Weeks 4


They are eating mostly chick crumbles still. In a few weeks, they will be switching over to chicken scratch. They are spending a bit of time each day foraging around in the garden. They dig for bugs, peck at weeds, and sample scraps from the garden. They love corn leaves. Beet, not so much. They mostly eat the grass that pops up from under the mulch. I feel like a broken record, but really, we love our chickens. They are easy going and fun! Without further ado, the chickens at thirteen weeks:

Chickens 13 Weeks 1


Chickens 13 Weeks 2


Chickens 13 Weeks 3


Chickens 13 Weeks 5


Chickens 13 Weeks 6


Chickens 13 Weeks 7


Chickens 13 Weeks 8

No comments:

Post a Comment